Way to improve performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screawns

Beta member
Hey
I'm running a Dell Dimension DIM5000 with 3.00 GHz and 3.00 GB ram and an intel pentium 4 processor. The graphics card i'm using is a RADEON X300 series and i'm still running windows xp.

The computer's getting to the point where it's struggling with the newer games being brought out, and cannot be used on high graphics any more.

What would you say the most ideal upgrade would be to improve performance the most with games? And what would the most realistic price range be for a decent upgrade, allowing me to access the better graphics with smooth performance?

Thanks in advance,
Screawns

The problem with a system that old is that you aren't able to upgrade just the one part, since it means you'll need to upgrade another part to support it, and so on. For example your motherboard will need upgrading to support newer graphics cards, which means you'll also need new RAM and new CPU, and a new power supply (and possibly a new case).

Also Dell's are what I would say are horrible. They make most of their parts compatible with only their parts. So it makes it very hard to upgrade a graphics card or something in a Dell.
So what it comes down to is that you are going to have to upgrade the whole thing most likely.
Sorry and hope I helped.

Yeah- I have an old Dell Dimension downstairs that I have nothing to do with. Totally incompatible with modern hardware and slow as a snail.
You'll have to build/buy another. Preferably the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom