Watercooling a evga 7900 gt superoverclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom36252

Baseband Member
I just ordered my new graphics card, and its great thru all the reviews but a few say it runs a little hot. Im thinking about watercooling but Im worried about doin the installion wrong or getting a bad cooling device and getting liqued coolent all over my new graphics card. What or how should i go about cooling this. Is there any other solution besides water cooling?

I would leave it the way it is. (as long as noise doesn't bother you). EVGA gives a lifetime warranty so if it ever breaks, they will give you a replacement.

slick_tech15 said:
If you must cool it with an aftermarket heatsink, then just dish out 60 bucks for a zalman 9500.

If you want to do some serious modding, the CNPS9500 is for CPU's not GPU... Anyways get the VF700-cu for 30 dollars

PZEROFGH said:
If you want to do some serious modding, the CNPS9500 is for CPU's not GPU... Anyways get the VF700-cu for 30 dollars
OMG i feel like an idiot. Yeah thats what i meant :).

PZEROFGH said:

don't be too sure about that... a guy on xtreme put his 9500 on his GPU......

as for water cooling: its not for begginers. but if you want to learn about it, just check out xtremesystems forums. they know a lot about all types of cooling.

~jack

Im not really a beginner ive been building computers for a couple of years but ive never worked with water cooling and just wanted to know more about. thanks a bunch guys, this all helps alot.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
don't be too sure about that... a guy on xtreme put his 9500 on his GPU......

as for water cooling: its not for begginers. but if you want to learn about it, just check out xtremesystems forums. they know a lot about all types of cooling.

~jack

like i said he can mod it to fit onto his video card :)

It runs at fairly hot temperatures, however it's very quiet and plus it OC's nicely. Don't worry about needing water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom