Water cooling question

Blazemaster

Baseband Member
So built a rig back in november actually PP helped me out a little but anyways the stock fan that comes on the vishera 6350 cpu is very loud the other fans in the case run super quiet even at full speed so I was looking into the Corsair H80i cpu water cooling system read a few reviews and some people have problems with the fans being loud I want as quiet as possible any suggestions and does anyone have personal exp with the H80i? maybe buy the cooling system and purchase fans on the side any input would be appreciated thank you.

Personal research is always good, but what people don't say is the fans can be loud. You can control the speed by simply pressing the button on the center of the block. You got 3 speeds, the highest being the loudest, and yes the fans can be very loud. You would be able to run on the lowest setting easy.

If you want to purchase 2 extra fans I suggest grabbing the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm. You can find them at Newegg or cheaper over on performance-pcs.com.

Ok so just to clarify your saying that the h80i fans can be run at 3 different speeds and running them on the lowest would be quiet and my pc wouldn't overheat?

Ok so just to clarify your saying that the h80i fans can be run at 3 different speeds and running them on the lowest would be quiet and my pc wouldn't overheat?
If the CPU is stock could even run just one fan at lowest setting and it would be fine.

But yes that's what I'm saying. And actually if you're not overclocking at all you could do fine with even the H60.

I just put 2 gentle typhoons on my h100i hydro and they are sooo quiet. The stock fans were pretty loud. Only thing that bugs about the GTs is that the cables are not sleeved so u see the red white yellow cables and what not but u can hide that. And I can't control the speed on them on my corsair link software.

I just put 2 gentle typhoons on my h100i hydro and they are sooo quiet. The stock fans were pretty loud. Only thing that bugs about the GTs is that the cables are not sleeved so u see the red white yellow cables and what not but u can hide that. And I can't control the speed on them on my corsair link software.

Should have bought from performance-pcs.com. They sleeve for you.

Got that monitor sitting in front of me. Not a bad monitor at all.

You could use the 212 EVO if you really wanna go cheap. Otherwise the H60 on low setting would be good. To give you an idea I have an H50 with an 800rpm fan running on a stock 3960x.

Nice, I'm also looking into a simple mechanical keyboard i like the cherry and cherrybrown mx switches cause i play games on a logitech g15 game pad so its just for like browsing and everything else something simple and quality would work.

Back
Top Bottom