Warning cpu has been changed. Ok, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Warning cpu has been changed. Please re-enter cpu settings in the comos setup and remember to save before quitting. I go into bios and do the settings but when I hit f10 to save it won't let me out?? ???

Do you have a "Save & Exit" menu in your BIOS ?
Try that if you have it instead of F10 key.
* You may have a faulty keyboard...... I just replaced my keyboard because I couldn't get into my BIOS with the 'DEL' key.

I got the message fixed but Does anyone know the correct procedures for flashing the Abit AG8-V mobod? Please help if you do. I have tried from their directions but it won't work.

usually its bulling out the mobo battery for i think 20-30 secs and then putting it in there and power on.. usually does the job well from what asus told me anyways. i would think it should be the same for most mobos cuase the way it saves the bois settings is from the battery.. unless i am wrong..

Flashing the BIOS & Clearing the CMOS are two totally different things.......... FWIW.........

JKnPA said:
Flashing the BIOS & Clearing the CMOS are two totally different things.......... FWIW.........
yes, I was gonna say that.
flashing the BIOS means updating its software.
clearing CMOS means clearing all settings and having defaults loaded

Right.....
"Flashing the BIOS" is about the last thing you want to do....... unless you know exactly what you are doing.
That is why I didn't him a link to do it....... especially since he didn't answer my question........ FWIW......

I know what I am doing but every mobod has a little bit different way to flash and I didn't look hard enough at their tiny writing. Anyway I had to flash the bios because it was messed up. I couldn't f10 and save anything to it. After flash all is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom