Be warned of UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
When no Signature is not required.. we knock and leave package because if your home we know u will answer and see package but if not.. we leave the package anyways.. ive only been workin for ups for acouple months but this is it works for us. we have so many boxes we gotta get delivered befor our shift ends.

P.S. UPS bites hard anyways, they loose so much stuff, heck, more than a couple times packages travelled PAST me a few hundred miles, only to return to the starting point, a hundred miles in the opposite direction! I'm thinking, you could have had that package to me TWICE already, lol. I could literally be at their main terminal for my area in less than 10 minutes.

Man i hear you, i was tracking this cpu the whole time and the reason they took so long is they overshot my province by 1800 km. The package left Ontario for Regina Sask and ended up in Vancouver before it finaly made it here. This order was from Tigerdirect which i am starting to think is what my mistake was.

On a positive note, i ordered a motherboard and psu from directcanada.com on tuesday (well durring the long weekend) and it came just an hour ago. It was purolator and required signature. Also tiger's packaging was horrible. It was just in plastic in a loose box, not even an intel box. Directcanada.com's packaging was awesome, bubble wrap and plastic sealed like new.

i have experienced both

i bought a sony vaio laptop (VGN-FZ180E/B) but i think they saw the case and it was a laptop so they didnt put it in front of the door

another was a heavy box with ATH receipt and they left it in front of the door

The U.S. Mail carriers usually leaves packages on the doorstep or in the front stairway, and them and most all of the other delivery carriers will usually at least ring the bell when they drop off just to alert the household if someone is home. That is unless they really want a signature. Generally I don't have a problem with that.
The drivers are usually very diligent and the fact that this package was left at the back door is a sign that the driver was trying to be careful and considerate.
Every delivery has a certain degree of risk involved, but at least it was left out of public view from the street.

UPS is lame sometimes...
I ordered something that requires MY signature
I showed the guy my ID with MY name on it,
which is the name the signature requires...
the guy goes, " YOU AREN'T 21 YEARS OLD!", " I CAN'T LET YOU SIGN THIS!"
and yes, that guy practically yelled at me thus the caps
had to let my sister go pick it up....

Depends on your area, and the shipper, if the UPS guy knows it's a safe area, and not much crime is going on, he will more than likely leave the package unless it needs to be signed for, if he thinks other wise he will attempt a delivery the next day or later that day if he is going back to the warehouse to get more shipments. The people I hate the most is FedEx, and DHL, idiots NEVER find my house, the other day, DHL left my laptop that was being replaced by Dell around 40 miles from my house in Lexington... NOT a good idea, I never heard so much *****ing about someone leaving it at the wrong house lol, it just ****ed me off because the day before they said they couldn't deliver the package to my house because the area here isn't labeled as a buisness area, I can't help it that my family has a home based buisness...

i live in a very rural area that there is no delivery man, i usually get it purolator and pick it up at there depot. Even if they did deliver to my door i have like no neighbors for miles and i live back off the main road.

Well it's really not the carrier's fault for leaving packages, they don't know what's in em and since Newegg/TD/ZZF/Whoever will never pay extra to make sure these packages require a sig, of course they're just going to leave it. They leave quickly for a reason, too. They're contract drivers and paid on a per-package basis. Time is money they can't waste it waiting for you to wake up and greet them. If that's a problem then just do like some one else suggested and leave a note at your doors.

And getting a PO box won't do a thing to solve your problem,FourTwenny. Only the postal service can deliver to PO boxes now. Commerical carriers such as UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc. can't touch them.

I'm pretty much done with UPS, though. I swear half the time there's something wrong with my stuff when they deliver it. Something is DOA, damaged, or otherwise messed up. Fedex or DHL is usually a few bucks more but I think it's worth it now since I don't have to put up with all the crap.

This is fine and dandy, unless you are part of the working class that doesnt get home until after 5, and the delivery drivers stop by at 1.

I get my deliveries at 5:30. I try to make it home on time so I can jump the UPS driver. If not though they usually leave it either the back door or the garage.

Anyone notice that shipment cost from UPS went up lately? Off topic but something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom