Wanting to upgrade my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok and again thanks for the help its been really helpful
and if i dont post back for a bit im not ignorring you im trying to install a network driver so i can get internet on my pc im talking about on here lol

Alright, I got as close to 300 bucks as I could while still getting you some good stuff.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - Foxconn A7GM-S 2.0 AM2+ / AM3 Ready AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Total comes to $385.50 after shipping, then you get back 15 bucks in an MIR.

This will get you a whole new machine. You reuse the RAM, HDD, and optical drive from your old machine. You can always upgrade the RAM later, but we're trying to keep costs down without skimping on quality parts.

At the resolution you play games, the GTS 250 will TEAR through them.

Haha thanks everything looks great but that video card has the same stats as mine unless im missing something? lol

Lol, trust me mate, it's not the same as your card. The memory type and size really don't have a lot to do with how powerful a card is.

Take a look at these two side by side.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Notice how the new card has double the steam processors, high frequencies, etc? Those are a better measure of speed. Also, the card you have has DDR3, not GDDR3. GDDR3 is a better memory type.

Trust me mate, I wouldn't steer ya wrong. ;)

lol, yeah you're missing something there. The card hikari pointed out is much faster than your current one. It has more stream processors and MUCH faster clock speeds. It's not all about memory size :)

edit: hikari got there first

Haha :p i wasnt saying that you were steering me wrong. but yeah i never noticed the g in front of ddr3 :p im a noob with computer but im gettting better every day lol i was told that xp will play games much faster than vista.... supperstition or fact? i went ahead and made the switch cause i was having a lot of problems anyways haha :p

Xp will outgame Vista sometimes, but when it does it's usually only by a small amount, maybe giving you 3-5 fps more.

like im looking at my Crysis warhead case right now and it says:

3.2 GHz prossesor for vista
2.8 GHz xp
Sothat would be 400 mhz im getting back right?
Plus 2 gb memory vista
1gb memory xp so that wont make much a differce? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom