Wanting to upgrade everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

erglae411

Beta member
Ok, heres my situation. I have a 3 year old HP computer with 504mb ram, 40gb HD, 2.4 ghz processor, 64mb video card. Would it be possible at all to upgrade my ram up to 1gig or 2gig and would it be possible to upgrade the video card to either 256 or 512mb? Im just curious if my computer would freak out from all the power going into, or would it reject that much power or anything?

Yea you can upgrade to 1-2gb ram and 256-512mb card. Your probably going to have to get a more powerful PSU. What is your budget? Also what is your system? AMD, Intel (I'm assuming Intel)? And which socket?

b1gapl said:
Yea you can upgrade to 1-2gb ram and 256-512mb card. Your probably going to have to get a more powerful PSU. What is your budget? Also what is your system? AMD, Intel (I'm assuming Intel)? And which socket?

It's probably a 2.4Ghz Celeron.

Also, what socket is your CPU? 478? A? 754? 939? 775?

What slot is your graphics card? PCI? AGP? PCI-E?

What type is your RAM? DDR? DDR2?

While those questions sound confusing, they're really not.

CPU- is it Intel, or AMD? What speed and type? you said 2.4, but is it P4 or Celeron? If it is AMD, a 2.4 translates into a 3400+ in a socket 754, or a 3800+ in a socket 939.

Graphics card- download and run Everest (you can get it from majorgeeks.com). It should tell you. Or just open up the side of your case and look at it. PCI will be exactly like the other slots below it. AGP is normally brom and sits further from the rear edge. PCI-E sits further back, and is usually white.

RAM- Everest will tell you. 478, 754, and 939 all use DDR. 775 uses DDR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom