Want to upgrade macbook ram to 8GB with Crucial product, will Apple know and void the warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceninjah

Solid State Member
I plan on upgrading the Macbook Pro 15'' from 4gb ram to 8gb with one of the Crucial ram products. The only reason I am hesitant is because I know that using anything non apple on a mac will void the warranty, my question is, how will they know? If something goes wrong with the computer and I want to take it in to apple, can't I just remove the Crucial product and be on my merry way, or is there some magical hardware / software on the macbook that recognizes when a non apple product has been implemented? Thanks a bunch!
Peace #_#

you'll be fine. just make sure to take it out if you ever have to have it serviced for any reason. even then, it's just a love note. they aren't going to call the internet police on you.

Technicially, Macs use the same stuff as regular PC's. I bet you their RAM they put in their systems isn't registered to Apple.

If they have an access panel, that isn't covered with tape, they will allow you to swap out parts. You'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom