Want new Computer case

steve10765

Daemon Poster
I currently have the Rosewill CHALLENGER-U3 Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, front mounted dual USB 3.0 - Newegg.com
A few days ago the USB port has become super loose, It fell in when I pushed USB into it, so I pulled it about a inch out of the case and put the usb in while holding the usb port.
Can anybody recommend a good case for $105(including shipping) that
1 Has dust filters(a must)
2 is big(has huge fans,like has a top fan of 180mm or more )
3 I would love a fan controller
4 2 usb 3.0 ports
5 at least looks a little cool, I dont need fancy light but they are always nice

is this too much to ask? I mean a $100 case
I will start looking at newegg for some nice cases

Note: I have 3 120MM fans
I have an MSI 890 GXM( i think its micro atx)
PSU http://www.amazon.com/Diablotek-Series-600-Watt-Supply-PSDA600/dp/B003UWNL2O

Last edited:
I don't see the point in huge cases at all unless you actually fill them, but here are some options.
bigger case=bigger fans=better quieter cooling?

and I figured what I wanted was more attainable at a $100 price range, I edited while you were away

Last edited:
Bigger doesn't always mean quieter and cooler. My dual Noctua 120mm fans push more air than the 200 POS in the front of my HAF 922 and are just as silent. The only difference is the hunk of junk CM fan in the front has bearing noise every once in a while and will sometimes wobble. My Noctua fans don't do this.

Yes most of the time you can get the same amount of CFM from a slower bigger fan but it goes both ways. They make high CFM low RPM 120mm fans too. Then again, depending on what you actually have in your case you don't need a lot of air flowing anyways.

I second the HAF 912. I love mine. Although I have been thinking about upgrading as well, to something like a CM Cosmos II.

Antec 900 used to be super popular but I have no idea why. It was a hunk of junk.
Nice pic though. Instead of getting a new case just put your PC outside lol.

A Cooler Master HAF 912 might fit your needs too, it's a mid -size case and you can put a 200mm fan on top and front too. they go for $60. and often $50. when on sale
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

I second the HAF 912. I love mine. Although I have been thinking about upgrading as well, to something like a CM Cosmos II.
I linked the 922 because it has USB3 in the front. Same case besides a few minor things. I wish mine had USB3 in the front.

The Cosmos 2 is gigantic. Literally as tall as a table.

I have the HAF 912, it's the reason that I recommended it. I haven't made the jump to USB 3 yet
I once had an Antec 900 first version, has terrible cable management but I hear version 2 had cable management added. My HAF 912 did not come with a 200mm fan for the top so I added one from Best Buy simply because it was a lot cheaper than the same one newegg had. I also have two 120mm fans in the front and one in the back

Yea I have the 922. It comes with both the top and front 200s and honestly, they suck. I'm considering putting a good speed 140mm in the front instead or if I can a paid of 120s. It would be a different story if NZXT wasn't so lame with their hole lineup on their 200mm fans, but can't be a perfect world.

USB3 is such a huge jump in speed. My USB3 drive in USB2 ports can sustain max USB2 speeds read and write. It's ridiculous how crap USB2 flash drives are.

Back
Top Bottom