Want to make sure new mobo compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the wall that I've been hitting also . . . there's nothing out there that's compatible.

I just replaced all the parts except the mobo and the hdd. New psu, new cpu and hsf, new floppy drive, new BenQ, new RAM and new case fan. So I've pratically built 2 computers already and, from what you said, it looks like I'm going to have to build a third one because this mobo is on it's last leg. I'm talking sparks and smoke last leg.

Thanks for all your help zedman. It was much appreciated :)

Go with the mobo of your choice and pick up a cheap ATX case. Browse Newegg and see what you like. As long as it says ATX, it will work. You can transfer everything into the new case with no problem.

I hope I'm not reading you wrong. Do you mean that I can buy any motherboard that I'd like (considering that I need one that is compatible with a socket 939 dual core cpu) and an ATX case, and that's all?

ok, joy, joy . . . I'm happy!

Any recommendations?

This is going to be my birthday present for me and everybody is pooling their money together to get me the mobo. I believe I have up to $301.00 to spend, the $1.00 was from my 5-year old grandson :)
If it costs a little more, I'll chip in the rest.

Thanks for the graphics card info.

I just found this board and it appears to be in stock. I haven't gone through checkout so I don't know for sure if it's in stock or not.

Amazon.com Shopping Cart

Amazon.com: ASUS A8V-VM SE - Motherboard - micro ATX - K8M890 - Socket 939 - UDMA133, SATA (RAID) - Ethernet - video - 6-channel audio: Electronics

Shopping Cart:
ASUS A8V-VM SE - Motherboard - micro ATX - K8M890 - Socket 939 - UDMA133, SATA (RAID) - Ethernet - video - 6-channel audio- Asustek
Seller's Price:$64.00
- quantity: 1
Shipped from: Mobo Outlet

Will it fit with everything else in my pc?

If you say the word, I'm going to buy it if it's in stock.

P.S. I don't mean to offend you but that's one of the ugliest cases I've ever seen.

Does this mean that it uses dual core CPU's?

compatible_processor_types: Sempron Unknown modifier, Athlon 64 FX Unknown modifier, Athlon 64 X2 Unknown modifier, Dual-Core Opteron Unknown modifier, Athlon 64 Unknown modifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom