Guys,
I wanna build e8400, here is the spec:

Intel c2d 3 Ghz BOX (e8400)
Mobo Asus p5q3 deluxe
vga 9800 gtx asus
ram (1) 2GB Visipro
DVD-RW 20x asus
HDD 500 GB Seagate
Monitor wide 19" LG w1952tq or samsung t190 (which is better?)
Speaker Altec BXR 1121
MS KB Logitech

Okey,
1st question, is it good enough for gaming? Well i'm just a middle gamer though. any advice?
2. What case and power supply should i get for the build? will 600W (not pure) enough?
3. Any parts should I change?

For information, I only use the PC for gaming and watching films.. would it be able to run games such as crysis 2 in full res smoothly?
Okhei, plz share your opinions guys, tq!

Where are you buying your parts from? I would recommend newegg.com, as they have the best prices pretty much.

There are a few things you could change. That motherboard you picked out only supports DDR3 ram, so not sure if you have DDR2 or not.

well, i live in indonesian, palembang... a little puny village. I'm not sure I can buy the parts online.. I'll buy the parts here. Well, I don't really care about the prices, I just need suggestions about what I should change or what parts is better, also I need to know what case and power supply that match the build..

oh yeah, I will use DDR3, I forgot to write it.. sorry.
hmmm, what parts should I change???
I only use the pc for gaming, though I'm only a middle gamer..

I choose e8400 cos the price here is average... while e8500 is still expensive(about $50 difrent, it is reallly much diff in my currency while You see it so little, you can live half month with that much in my place, hahaha..).
So I intend to build high end e8400.

Thanks for the reply, I hope Anyone can help me..

Dang , u must be rich!!! What kind of operating system are u getting? If it's vista , u will want 4 gb RAM for sure. As far as the power supply , 600-750 should be good. Check reviews because p.s.'s vary a lot in quality.

FYI: if that ram runs @ above 1.65v it's pretty much useless if you want to upgrade to i7

when looking at power supplies, look for the amperage rating on the 12V rail

some are over rated (ie label says 600W but can only put out 350 stable power)

Thanks both for the info...
I'll use XP3, then I only need 3 GB ram, 1 gb later..
I dun really intend to upgrade to i7 though for this few years.

Well newbiebuilderguy, I'm not that rich, dang... well, that build price me about $1250 here(it really is expensive here with my currency, you can live 4 month with that here).. Oh God it's just c2d 3GHZ... Yeah, dun make that shocking face.. say sorry to this rural area. haha.

I never even see i7 available in any pc shop here. e8500 is allready rare dude. Okhei, dun shock to dead!

Well this will be my 3rd pc, I hope it will last for 4 years like my previous 2.

Then I think I shall use p.s. 500W Pure..

Any other advice and suggestion? I'd really appreciate it dude.

Well , dang dude , u sound rich! I'm just kidding:laughing: Here, check out my build. It was my first , and I'm more than happy with it , and more than willing to help with your build , brah.(bro):happy:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/please-critique-my-build-195998/

These are the parts I used. I did a lot of research over a period of months , watching YOUTUBE vids , shopping for deals , and talking to people on forums , but the people here have been the most helpful(and sarcastic).:freak:

Use 4GB ram, 2x2GB sticks, if you wanna go hardcore, go 8GB (that motherboard supports up to 16GB)
Use 64-bit OS, Vista/7
600watt PSU is good 550watt would also be good.

And that rig would be good for gaming.

Use 4GB ram, 2x2GB sticks, if you wanna go hardcore, go 8GB (that motherboard supports up to 16GB)
Use 64-bit OS, Vista/7
600watt PSU is good 550watt would also be good.

And that rig would be good for gaming.

Now u are gonna screw this guy up. There is no reason for more than 4 gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom