Heres some specs for my PC right now.

Windows XP SP2
Pentium 4, 3000 Ghz ( 15 x 200 )
Intel Bayfield D865GBF Motherboard
1024mb of PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Nvidia Geforce 6200 ( 256mb )
152616mb Hardrive

I think thats my harddrive? I went under Local Drives and went to Local Disk

Now I want to upgrade my pc because it sucks right now. I get alot of programs going not responding Like Photoshop, Firefox and stuff if I try and use them for awile. Probly a memory issue? And I cant play some of the latest games like even Battlefield2 that well.

What should I upgrade? I was thinking another gb of ram and a new video card? Or is Motherboard and stuff just a peice of junk and mize well save up and buy a hole new machine

Im in Canada and cant use newegg. think i could get some links from Tigerdirect.ca or something

so whats all there anyways? Motherboard, Processer and Ram? then i get a gfx card.

thats sound like u hav a cooling problem
also ure graphics card could do wih an upgrade
anyway
i seriously wish my proccessor had a clock speed of 300GHz

you machine would still be good for surfing, MS office, etc.... but for gaming... yea sorry... your right... I would suggest getting a new system. BUT if you can't... then I would first reformat. give it a fresh load. Then see what happens... from ther if you still have issues, upgrade the GPU... you can find decent 6800XT's for about 160-180 USD (Sorry, no CD)... Second, then I would upgrade the ram... Go with some decnt 2X1GB ram... But first try that reformat... that should hold you until you can save some money and get a new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom