Not open for further replies.

lank

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have just bought some new computer parts to build a new machine, including;

Asus A8N SLi Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 x 512MB DDR 400 Memory

I have not yet puchased a graphics card due to lack of funds until i'm paid at the end of the month!! :(

In my current machine I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, although its AGP, but in a box somewhere I have an old PCI Voodoo 3 card.

Does anyone know if this card will work fine in a spare PCI Slot on my new machine until I can get a new graphics card, or does the A8N SLI only recognise PCI-Express Graphics cards?

I wont be attempting to run any groundbreaking 3d games or anything, just so I can make sure all the components that I ordered are working, and so that I can set it up ready for my new graphics card in a couple of weeks time :)

Thanks, Lance.

it worked..

Hi, I built my new machine last nite, and I'm happy to say the old voodoo 3 worked a treat (after blowing an inch of dust off it!!)

Everything seems to be working fine, just need my new graphics card now so I can get on with farcry!

As to the post above about the bios, yeah there is an option in there to select whether to use PCI or PCIEx graphics, but (luckily!) it automatically detected the PCI card and changed the setting.

Also, there is no onboard graphics on this board(just to confirm above post!)

thanks all,

lance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom