Vista or XP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

payney1987

Beta member
Hi guys im buying a new gaming/work pc come the 22nd for use with many games such as battle for middle earth 2 , cnc tiberium wars, dawn of war ,supreme commander and in the future starcraft 2. also i need to be able to use high end graphics rendering and CAD design programes for my work.

Im pretty much set on buying a Q6600 extreme or higher when the price drops, 4gb 800mhz ram, 512 mb graphics card , a 36gb 10000rpm raptor for my OS and 500gb 7200rpm for everything else(tell me other wise if this is foolish)

My major concern is whether to buy vista(32mb or 64mb?) or XP pro as i have heard that vista is a bit dodgy just now but so have all the OS's been at launch , and i have also heard xp doesnt make good use of quad cores?

what should i buy considering that realistically i will have to update xp eventually? is vista worth it? will vista be compatible with older games(like the ones listed)? can you play Lan games with XP or lower OS with vista? is XP pro just the best im wasting time? :p

anyhelp will be much appreciated.

thank you in advance,

Richard Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom