Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugget

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

1. Im building a gaming rig (suprise, suprise), and was wondering if I should wait till Vista comes out in a couple of weeks.

2. Would the new Vista platform affect any compatibility with hardware, such as DVD drives, etc...

3. The new r600 is supposed to be coming out soon (saw the other thread), I was wondering if there was any further information.

4. Everyone wants a bargain... Are there usually any sales before the mid year specials??

Lastly, I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my update is going to be compatible (always the biggest problem)...

Thanks a lot guys...Any help/information would be life saving...

Update...

WD Caviar SE16 320GB Hard Drive
WD Caviar SE 80GB Hard Drive - OEM
Sunbeam Transformer Case - Black
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Dual Core Processor
Acer AL1916WAB Monitor
BFG Technologies GeForce 7950 GT
Ultra X-Finity 600 w
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400
LiteOn LH-18A1P 18x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
Liteon SHD-16P1S 16X IDE DVD-ROM Drive
Creative Inspire P7800 7.1 Speaker System
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4 7.1 OEM
Logitech Office Pro Keyboard
Green Razer Copperhead
Zalman Multi Fan Speed Controller???? (Necessary??)

Chugget said:
Hey guys,

1. Im building a gaming rig (suprise, suprise), and was wondering if I should wait till Vista comes out in a couple of weeks.

2. Would the new Vista platform affect any compatibility with hardware, such as DVD drives, etc...

3. The new r600 is supposed to be coming out soon (saw the other thread), I was wondering if there was any further information.

4. Everyone wants a bargain... Are there usually any sales before the mid year specials??

Lastly, I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my update is going to be compatible (always the biggest problem)...

Thanks a lot guys...Any help/information would be life saving...

1. Vista is out in a few weeks? NO WAY!
I would continue using XP, it's very stable. Plus they're giving free Vista upgrades anyways.

2. Vista requires a DVD drive to install, and it is better for drivers.

3. R600? Don't you mean E6600 Core 2 Duo?

4. Are you buying a computer that is pre-built? Or building you own computer?

I think he meant ATI's new video card when he said "R600". Also yes, Everything in your update looks good and compatible.

For modular power supplies I suggest looking at the Enermax Liberty Series, HIper or OCZ Lines as they are better quality compared to the X Finities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom