Originally posted by Chugget
1. Im building a gaming rig (suprise, suprise), and was wondering if I should wait till Vista comes out in a couple of weeks.
2. Would the new Vista platform affect any compatibility with hardware, such as DVD drives, etc...
3. The new r600 is supposed to be coming out soon (saw the other thread), I was wondering if there was any further information.
4. Everyone wants a bargain... Are there usually any sales before the mid year specials??
Lastly, I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my update is going to be compatible (always the biggest problem)...
Thanks a lot guys...Any help/information would be life saving...
1. Vista is out in a few weeks? NO WAY!
I would continue using XP, it's very stable. Plus they're giving free Vista upgrades anyways.
2. Vista requires a DVD drive to install, and it is better for drivers.
3. R600? Don't you mean E6600 Core 2 Duo?
4. Are you buying a computer that is pre-built? Or building you own computer?