ViewSonic VX2835WM monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
Newegg.com - ViewSonic VX2835WM 28" Piano Black 3ms(GTG) Widescreen FULL HD 1080p HDMI LCD Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Stereo Speakers - LCD Monitors

According to the website, there is a line-in jack. Is this a jack that I can hook up a surround sound stereo system to? I'm sort of confused on the difference between line-in and line-out. I am under the impression that one is for hooking up an amplifier and speakers while the other is used for connecting an audio device (iPod) to play through the monitor's speakers.

Either way, can this monitor be hooked up to a surround sound system (using the red/white audio ports or the green line-in jack) that would be compatible with my Xbox 360? I tend to use this thing as a TV/theater rather than a computer monitor.

Thanks

line in is where u connect you monitor to you pc to get sound from you pc to the monitor speakers(green)
line out is for if u wanted to hook some headphones in instead of using the speakers(pink)
the audio RCA inputs are if u wanted to hook a dvd or xbox to your monitor for the sound to play out of the monitor speakers(2 sets of red and white)
the component is for hooking up a hd source, like a xbox 360, or blueray player(green, blue, red connectors)
the composite video input is for non hd sorces, like a dvd player or xbox or regular tv(yellow)
the HDMI is for hooking up hd video and audio, like blueray...(skinny thing... its labeled)
vga/D-sub is for hooking up your computer to your monitor(its blue)
svidoe... nothing uses svideo anymore dont worry about it.

so technically u can hook up a amplify and speakers to this monitor through the headphone jack(which would be re tarded) but other then that it has no other forms of audio out.
you could use this as a theater thing or w/e but its really not going to do it that well. plus it has a very ****** contrast ratio. why not just get a tv...
24-116-084-11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom