videocard memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewjustforyou

In Runtime
I am a bit oldschool when it comes to videocards, so someone help me out here, why are there two amounts of memory listed? e.g. 1GB 256-bit, are one of them supposed to be hertz? (obviously not), and which should I go for as the bigger amount, if I want to run 3-D games.

I just got my 600w power supply, next paycheck I am getting a new gfx card! (any suggestions for a lower budget?)

thanks alot

-Drew

just found out the second # is memory interface, googling that now, If I beat yall to the punch I will pull down the thread

Neither really matters for the GPU.. focus on the power of the actual Video Card in general.. give me a budget.. and what interface you plan on using this on (PCI-e or AGP)

I have 1 pci 1.0 x16 slot (sadly only the 1), my budget is less then 200$, thats all the info for now, at home diagnosing mothers network trouble.

pci-e u mean, pretty sure regular pci cant do 16x

if it is pci-e then a ati 4850

if its just regular pci i think the best u can get is a 2400 pro.

hehe, gotta watch myself, pci express x16, i think i figured out the second memory # though, though it still isnt very clear...

You get the HD 4850 and its more than enough... for me those things are misleading and fooled many n00bs into buying what they think are good cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom