Video Driver issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muttzy

Beta member
So im running a Gigabyte 7VM400m-RZ motherboard, ive got a Geforce fx 5200 video card up and running.

I want to use dual monitors, which means installing the onboard video driver.
The installations ive tried have failed. I'm not sure if ive got the right driver, or what is going on.

My questions are:
Is it possible to run dual monitors with my current setup?
Where can i find the correct driver for the onboard video device?

To run a dual monitor setup there you would first disable the onboard video which conflicts with the graphics card installed and run a second pci type card. The FX5200 is a long outdated card and won't see driver updates at this time. Plus any pci cards found are also a little outdated as well. On top of this you will need a program for cloning desktops if not extending one onto two monitors.

just go to nvidia.com and load the newest geforce FX drivers for your videocard. and then you should be able to choose dual view, clone, horizontal span...etc.

just go to nvidia.com and load the newest geforce FX drivers for your videocard. and then you should be able to choose dual view, clone, horizontal span...etc.

New driver updates at this time would be for the newer model cards out not an older FX5200 or 5500 for the most part unless found archived there. Two sites carrying drivers for that model are seen at the links here. What brand was the card NVidia, MSI, BFG, or ?
nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Driver Summary

Download Drivers - Video Adapters - nVIDIA - GeForce FX 5200 - driver.zip

i have the nvidia driver, i dont have the driver for the onboard video card.
Which seems pretty impossible to find. i googled for about 2 hours last night. and im about to give up all hope for dual monitors.
If youd like to help me find the driver, the motherboard details are in my first post.

For running a dual monitor setup you could try the Y type adapter as long as the card itself supported it. That wouldn't be anything good for gaming but for expanding a basic desktop. Generally plan on something similar to an SLI setup without onboard video.

You have to disable that to run an installed PCI-E or AGP card anyways. Without SLI you are looking at one AGP card and adding in a PCI type card there to support a dual monitor setup. As for the vga driver as well as other updates for that model board the support page at Gigabyte is where to look. That is a quick trip to GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom