Video Card Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboimpala

Beta member
I have an eMachines T3508 with ATI Radeon Xpress 200 "with available PCI-Express Slot" and when I open up Hotmail the orange AT&T washing machine video advertisement makes my computer loud and slow.
I'm hoping a better video card will solve this problem.
I do have 1 GB of RAM.
Let me know if anyone can recommend a better video card.
I'd like to stick with the stock PSU.
Thank you!

Okay I just realized I have a PNY GeForce 8500GT PCIe video card.
Must have installed it when I installed a flat panel monitor.
It's noisy and I suspect it's the cause of slow graphics.
Let me know if that makes sense or if maybe I need to upgrade something else.
Thanks.

Watch out on the multi-posts, just edit on. Admins get *****y sometines about it.

Sounds like a heat issue. Is the fan on the 8500 running? Most likely is due to the noise.

You need to check your temps of both the gpu and cpu. Us hwmonitor CPUID to check them.

Try running with no side, and then with a house fan blowing on the components.

I think 300w is fine, but don't know your whole setup.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were your CPU causing the problems.

Heat will definitely cause the fans to spin up, and make them even more audible. As paton said, check the temps, and if need be, try running a small fan blowing on the internal parts of the computer, without the side on.

My mom just had me run her computer through it's paces to fix a similar issue, and it was caused by a lot of viruses. Even though she only goes to facebook. It took a complete wipe of the hard drive, and a total reinstall of the OS, but now it's running like a champ. Computer is similar too, except she has an eMachines W6409, with a Pentium 4 531.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom