Video Card troubles. Am I forgeting something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colson1985

Baseband Member
Got new video cards for a few IBM/Lenovos. Model number of computers = 9965-A9U.

Video Cards = Radeon 5450

I installed it successfully on one computer with a lot of trouble. After about 10 resets somehow it started working and I really didn't know what I did! *sigh*

So I go to the next computer and can't get it to work. Here are my steps

1. Uninstalled old drivers.
2. Reset computer and went into BIOS and changed anything I could that look related to the video card. I only found one setting that specificly asked if you wanted the video to show up on boot. Changed it to PCI Express.
3. Installed new card and plugged DVI monitor into new video card.
4. Boot up and get system beeps. Looked into the beeps and I believe I'm getting the one for the system board. (Whatever that means) There is no display thru the new video card. If I plug the monitor back into the motherboard video it works.

Am I missing a step? I haven't had this much trouble before.

Thanks for the input

Is there any reason why it would work on one and not the other? I have also contacted ATI to see what their opinion is.

You might have to disable your onboard graphics either from the bios or disable it from windows. Their might be conflicts between the onboard video and video card.

Looking thru the BIOS I didn't see anything that disabled a video input. Not sure where to go thru windows. I will look further into that.

Solved. Ran into two issues.

First computer: I disabled the video devices and turned off the computer. Installed the video card and it went perfect.

Second computer: Did the same thing and didn't work. I found that I needed to flash the BIOS in order for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom