Video card, sound card, pci slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatproofjimmy

Solid State Member
ok, hi! I have a dell dimensions 4700. I want surround sound in my bedroom. What i want is to either connect my pc to my tv and my stereo and run it off those speakers and buy a new video card. Or, buy a new flashy flat screen 19" monitor, buy a new 3d sound card, creative surround sound system 7.1, and then maybe connect my tv to my pc and view it via my flat screen monitor, BUT, i have 0 pci slots left, i am using one because i have belkin wireless network adapter. And the other, i dont know what it is, on the back of the pc it has 2 little phone connectors and a little symbol of a phone, on the inside it has a black box on the pci card, do i need it??? And also, can u get pci adapters, what i mean by an adapter is sumthing that will change one pci into two, like a plug adapter on a wall, lol, if u no wot i mean. CHEERS! big help if sum1 replys else im pretty buggerd, also, becuase you have more knoledge than me u no wot the best sound cards and best surround systems are, and you can recomend others but i am on a budget but thanks ><

i believe that is your modem in that pci slot. unless you use dial-up, you have no use for it, so you can go ahead and remove it.

i don't really understand your proposition.. you want to buy a 19inch monitor, connect your tv to it, and watch on yoru monitor? why/how would you connect your tv to your monitor?

thats what i thinking, but the main thing is surround sound and more pci slots really. i dont use dial up no, so i may as well remove it, cheers

also a new graphics card might not use PCI if urew current graphics card uses PCIe x16 (although i dought it) or AGP then u can upgrade it wihout sacrificing a pci slot

If nothing is plugged in that pci card with the 2 phone connectors then you can get rid of it - its probably a modem.

Then buy a creative soundblaster xtrememusic and some good speakers.

To input your TV into your PC you need a tv tuner card or a video card with "s-video IN", such as a ViVo card from ATI (Video in - video out). Note, lots of cards have s-video for output, but you really need them for input as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom