video card + ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0toriou5

In Runtime
if i upgrade from 256 ram to 768 and upgrade my video card from crap onboard video to a 6800GS will i notice a big differece? will it speed up in game play only, or will it also speed up loading times too, such as loading a map in a game before you enter the game. also, will the ram enable me to run more applications at a time at a faster pace?

Yes that 6800gs is awesome for games. Also adding an extra 512mb ram will help out alot to, bu I sugesst buying 2 512's and throwing out that old 256 stick. 1 gig is better. These upgrades will make you see a big performance in you games. Nowadays the grfx card is th emost important for gaming, then ram and last cpu. BTW what kind of cpu do you have?

It will only speed up game play. Loading time will actually be longer since more detail will be read to give better graphics but the extra RAM will make the loading times during the game take less time.

it will definitely make a big difference. the 6800 is one of the best cheap cards and 512 extra, or if you go with 2 512s will make a huge difference. i went from ( on my old computer ) 128 to 256 and i saw sufficient difference.

more memory will help the responsivness of your PC, especially if your using XP.

the video card will make the game look & play better.

Buy a 1Gb (2x512mb) set instead. Dual channeled 1Gb works more efficiently than 1x256mb and a 1x512mb.

The 6800GS is a solid card ... but I think the 7600GT has replaced it with higher clocks, although somewhat crappier memory interface.

i think everyone would agree that it would be better to buy (2) 512 sticks and run dual channel memory instead of just adding a single 1GB stick...

i'm not sure of the exact numbers, but i would guesstimate a 30%-50% memory performance improvement...(and i'm sure if i'm wrong, somebody'll fess up)...

best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom