Video card question...need a little bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're planning like that for a new build, I would say the Antec 850 Watts isn't so necessary.

Core 2 Duo might not be so popular then, but I think they'll drop in prices. Quad Cores might be what people will be looking for.

ASUS P5K Deluxe you mean?

Instead of the Raptors, 2 750GB Western Digital HDD with Raid 0 would run nearly the same as the Raptor and probably cheaper too. :p

8600? Why the 8600? It's not really for crazy gaming. It's a card, for CAD, video editing, photoshopping, and such.

I guess if you plan to go SLi next year when the 9 series of Geforce comes out, 8800GTS would be great for gaming.

Click this link for all the specs i can find at the moment for the dell

Documentation

Argh, they don't tell you anything about the +12V railings.

If you're planning like that for a new build, I would say the Antec 850 Watts isn't so necessary.

U say that now...computer internals are going to be using more and more power go look for PCI-E 2.0 if i run new cards SLI'd when PCI-E 2.0 comes out...that right there is 600 watts alone...its gonna get more power hungry down the line and i dont wanna have to swap the PSU out for a while

I appreciate the help about the card tho! thanks alot...im more than happy to help you guys at anytime:D

U say that now...computer internals are going to be using more and more power go look for PCI-E 2.0 if i run new cards SLI'd when PCI-E 2.0 comes out...that right there is 600 watts alone...its gonna get more power hungry down the line and i dont wanna have to swap the PSU out for a while

Oh so this PCI-e 2.0, are we able to use it with these current motherboards?

I dont know if the Video cards are gonna be backwards compatible but the PCI-e 2.0 is going to be incorporated into the board...such as agp4x then it went to agp 8x u know?

Oh then that means it'll just downclock to the lowest speed. :snob:

Well I read this from a site.
Each x1 lane of PCIe 1.1 offers a 250MB/s transfer rate, which puts a x16 link like the ones that host some GPUs at 4GB/s. The new PCIe 2.0 spec will double the per-lane speed to 500MB/s, boosting a x16 link to 8GB/s. This puts a x16 PCIe 2.0 link in the same ballpark, at least in terms of peak transfer speed, as a frontside bus based on the HyperTransport 1.0 spec (12.6GB/s aggregate bandwidth over two 32-bit links).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom