Video Card question - I hate to be one of these people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princepapa

Solid State Member
Hey guys. I hate being the person who joins specifically to ask a question, never having contributed, so I'll apologize for that right off the bat.
I'm buying a new PC soon, but to hold me over I'm getting a new video card now, I'm currently running a 7600gs, and I'm debating between these two cards:
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N975-AR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Try as I might, I can't find any comparison's between the two anywhere.

The price difference is minimal, and I know the cards are not THAT much different, but I want the best of the two (I really like nvidia [and EVGA for their lifetime warrenty], but I suppose if there's a better ati card at a better price I can switch brands).
My pcu is 475w right now but again, in a few months I'll be getting a bigger one anyway.
What do you guys suggest. I don't really want to spend any more than $130, which puts these in the perfect place for me.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom