Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamptepes12

Beta member
Ok i have a computer i built about 4years ago or something. It has an AGP slot that i have to use..not looking into upgrading the mobo yet. But i need a replacement video card for preferably under $50...I did have a Radeon 9800xt in it which burnt out..the one that just went out was also another Radeon 9800xt...so my question is, is there a video card that will out perform it for under $50...if i have to go over 50 then no more then 65..I need it to be able to run HL2,BF2,Oblivion, and COD:MW.....i found the radeon hd2600 pro 512mb for 39.99 and will come out to 47dollars with the shipping...so any ideas?? Like i said i need it to be able to run all those..and need one that out performs the radeon 9800xt...If you need anymore details on what is in the rig, post and i'll reply

compared to your 9800xt the hd2600 would be a nice upgrade; don't know how well it will run those games, but it should run most of them on medium settings on low resolution (1280X1024).

i can't seem to find a decent deal for agp, so i would go with that 2600 pro you found for 39.99.

yea....i imagine u realize that i don't want to get to much money wrapped up into this computer because it only has 1 agp slot ..i'll be building a new one when money allows me too..and that will be all PCI-e based 16x mobo.

Also not looking for it to run the games on high or anything..HL2 runs on high with the 9800xt..and cod4 runs on medium with minimal screen lag (only during to many guns and airstrike at once)...Just want something to get me by with what i have until i build the new rig

edit::: forgot to say TY for the reply though lol! i appreciate it when people actually take time to review things and post on topics to help people

edit edit::: just took it back apart to look at what kinda of psu is in it...there is only a 300watt one it it...the AMD recomendations is 550watt..so it looks like i'll be looking into a new psu too =(...so i need advice on a new psu and agp 512mb min video card...i'll do some more digging and see if i'm able to get away with a 300watt one. but if i find nothing i'll just upgrade it i guess

yea....i imagine u realize that i don't want to get to much money wrapped up into this computer because it only has 1 agp slot ..i'll be building a new one when money allows me too..and that will be all PCI-e based 16x mobo.

Also not looking for it to run the games on high or anything..HL2 runs on high with the 9800xt..and cod4 runs on medium with minimal screen lag (only during to many guns and airstrike at once)...Just want something to get me by with what i have until i build the new rig

edit::: forgot to say TY for the reply though lol! i appreciate it when people actually take time to review things and post on topics to help people

edit edit::: just took it back apart to look at what kinda of psu is in it...there is only a 300watt one it it...the AMD recomendations is 550watt..so it looks like i'll be looking into a new psu too =(...so i need advice on a new psu and agp 512mb min video card...i'll do some more digging and see if i'm able to get away with a 300watt one. but if i find nothing i'll just upgrade it i guess

i use to own a 9800XT and it ran HL2 great....so yes....that 2600 should do you fine for what you want.

yea i'm hoping...i've been up all night looking for anything t prove i don't need a new psu...i went on the company's own site...they say "300W or greater power supply recommended"..so i'ma buy and install and see if everything is fine..If they say i can run it on 300w then i guess they would know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom