Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I currently have the 9200 Radeon All-in-Wonder video card and using the PCV-RS 430G. I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card.

Does anyone have any recommendations about what graphic card to buy?

I hear all this stuff about having a fan and such. ANd that certain video cards work for certain motherboards. I don't even know how much AGP my motherboard supports.

Anyone know where I can find it out?

So yeah should I do PCI or AGP? Someone recommend me a video card please. What is PCI x16 and such.

PCI is made for stuff like sounds cards, tv tuners, etc. some computers also have to use this because they don't have a higher end card for graphics
AGP is specifically for video cards and runs up to an 8x speed (compared to PCI's 1x)
PCI-E is the newest videocard-only slot and runs at x16 speeds. It's about 2 years old.

As far as a recommendation, what games do you want to play, what's the rest of your system like (post specs) and finally what's your budget.

Its more of what video card I am able to put into my PC system.

As I said I'm using the PCV RS 430G

Here is the link to the complete specs
http://www.superwarehouse.com/Sony_VAIO_Digital_Studio_PCV-RS430G/PCVRS430G/ps/327923

NOTE: I Just noticed that there is 8x AGP. So all Ihave to do is buy a video card that has 8x AGP?

Its as simple as plugging the video card in and stuff right? Is there any online instruction/video on how to instal a video card?

All you do is put the card in, theres really no wrong way to do it. Once its on, boot up and install drivers, restart, set resolution and youre done. Any agp card will work.

As you said Any AGP is good?

Would buying a 512 video card benefit me alot better than 256 or the difference between 512 and 256 mb is not that much?

Also, the video cards from what i heard need a good fan or something or does it (or some video cards) have a fan already?

What do you suggest for me to buy right now?

My budget is in the > $150 price range

If there is a better technology above $150 let me know also so I might consider buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom