#Video card help#

Status
Not open for further replies.

owenma435

Baseband Member
I just bought myself a motherboard and CPU and i was it supports pc2700 333mhz RAM. So if i bought a video card with 400mhz of built in RAM would it be ok.

Also i would like to know what 32mb/64mb share memory means.

I just dont want to waste my money on something i cant use so any replies would be appreciated. thanks

"So if i bought a video card with 400mhz of built in RAM would it be ok."

400mhz doesn't meen there is 400 mhz of ram built in it just means the spead. Yes it would work.

Video cards only need the amount of memory that they have to be matched by the amount of physical memory that your system has.

Ex. 7900GT 256Mb

You need at least 256Mb of system memory.

However, it's obviously suggested for a good gaming rig that you have at least 1Gb (2x512Mb) of memory or 2Gb (2x1Gb)

400mhz doesn't meen there is 400 mhz of ram built in it just means the spead. Yes it would work.

well it can mean that the video card's on-board memory runs at 400mhz.

anyways, the memory on the video card has nothing to do with your RAM. just make sure the video card you're getting is compatible with your mobo slot (AGP, PCI-express)

shared memory is when you don't actually have a video card, its integrated in the motherboard. it takes memory from your ram and processing power from you processor. so if its 32mb shared, then its taking 32mb of your ram and allocating it to video, if its 64, then its taking 64mb from your ram and allocating it to video. video cards have their own memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom