Video Card Help

TheGlazer

In Runtime
I'm currently using an Asus 5770. I'm thinking of upgrading to either a XFX 6870 or XFX 7770 Double D Black Edition. The 6870 is about $10 more and I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the Black Edition and Non-Black Editions. Mainly going to be gaming Diablo3 and starcraft only.......... Is it worth upgrading? If so, which card is the better deal?

Thanks in advance for the advice and suggestions

Overclocking on the card can be done easily yourself, so IMO, its not worth it to get a Black Edition or Superclocked version of any card.

I currently OC my 5770, and see no reason why anybody would purchase the black edition since you could OC the non-black edition card. I was thinking maybe the black edition could be OC'd further....... I have read that the 6870 is a faster card than the 7770, but the 7770 would be roughly $30 less.

I currently OC my 5770, and see no reason why anybody would purchase the black edition since you could OC the non-black edition card. I was thinking maybe the black edition could be OC'd further....... I have read that the 6870 is a faster card than the 7770, but the 7770 would be roughly $30 less.
People on these forums have a hard time realizing that not everybody is comfortable with OCing (and potentially damaging) the items they spent their hard earned money on. More performance for only 10 bucks or so 90% of people will go for.

I guess the decision is left to if you would rather spend 30 bucks more or not.

XFX covers overclocking last I checked, so not really an issue.
They will take a bios and volt modified card under their double warranty that has melted VRMs. Doesn't mean any other person would still be comfortable with it. That is why I stopped suggesting people to get such and such item and simply OC to make up for the cash.

To each his own. If the person isn't interested in OC'ing, they're free to get a factory-OC'd card. If they're curious about it, then we can help them with it.

People on these forums have a hard time realizing that not everybody is comfortable with OCing (and potentially damaging) the items they spent their hard earned money on. More performance for only 10 bucks or so 90% of people will go for.

I guess the decision is left to if you would rather spend 30 bucks more or not.

Most factory OC's are minimal.... anybody could go on their catalyst control center and OC to what the OC cards come with........ but you do have a point. I'm just curious if upgrading to a 7770 or 6870 would be worth the upgrade from a 5770, for playing SC2 and Diablo3.......... If it's minimal gains, then I wouldn't chance GPUs, if I'm gonna get 15+ fps in those games, I'm gonna go for the upgrade

Most factory OC's are minimal.... anybody could go on their catalyst control center and OC to what the OC cards come with........ but you do have a point. I'm just curious if upgrading to a 7770 or 6870 would be worth the upgrade from a 5770, for playing SC2 and Diablo3.......... If it's minimal gains, then I wouldn't chance GPUs, if I'm gonna get 15+ fps in those games, I'm gonna go for the upgrade
It's worth the gains because a 6870 will smoke the 5770. Problem is, is it worth it for those games lol.

Back
Top Bottom