Video Card For Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallaceno1

Baseband Member
I put this in another area of this board and think it may have belonged here.

I am not the least bit knowledgeable on this subject. Are video cards the same as graphics cards?

I want to hook up two (or three) monitors to one computer. Not for games....just stock market stuff.
1. What will best serve my purposes at some reasonable cost?
2. What will be better for operation....PCI or AGP.
3. What is the difference between a regular PCI card and PCI Express and will the latter work in a regular PCI slot?
4. If I want 2 or three monitors, do I need a card with two cable connectors?
5. My computer already has a monitor connector, can that be used for a third monitor with two more monitors on a card?
6. Will the memory be important for my purposes or will I be well served just using a 16, 32 or 64MB card?

Sure would appreciate some explanations. Many thanks.

Wallace

Forgot to mention and don't know how important it might be. One of my monitors is multifunction (TV and Monitor comb.).

k if you want 2 monitors then you will need only 1 video card ( yes a video is a graphics card). if you want three then you will need 2 video cards cause 1 video cards supports 2 MAX to my knowledge. if you want three monitors then you'll need 2 video cards, and i think the cable you have, im not so sure, connects 2 video cards to 1 monitor. And um 16/32/64 is like not even made anymore. Whats your budget, and either way i think youd want a 256MB video card. if you want just good cards you can get hmm lets see here, 2xGeforce 6800 card, not sure if they are PCI or PCI express. PCI is better than AGP, and PCI Express does not work in a PCI slot. OR you can get 2 6600 GT OC ( not sure if they have OCd 6600s but ill see).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom