video card driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

llDaNll

Solid State Member
Ok, I was running a xfx geforce 6800 video card and I kept getting fatal errors and figured it was due to my video card drivers. So I traded it back in for a refund and went out and bought a BFG 7600 gt oc... However, I forgot to uninstall the video drivers for the 6800 card and now when I try to boot up with my new card I get the blue screen of death everytime before getting to windows. I tried booting in safe mode and had no luck getting it to boot. I tried inserting my windows disk and trying to repair windows but the windows setup gets to the part where it says "Setup is loading windows" at the bottom and just freezes there or hits the blue screen of death. I dunno what to do.
my motherboard doesn't have a video output on it so i can't just boot off of that and uninstall the video card before putting my new one in. I have the ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) mobo...

Any ideas? Thanks.

How match ram do u have in you computer. Because even with a different driver already installed on the harddrive it shouldnt cause a fatal error. Plus they are both geforce cards. so most of the time they both use geforce drivers. I often got the blue screen and i ran memtest 86 i believe its called and it found serveral errors in one of my memory modules. If you have for the one stick, try either switching which spots they are in or use only one of the sticks or vise versa.

yea, that was the problem..Sorry I didn't update this thread last night once I got it fixed. I had 2(2 X 1GB) sticks of Cosair DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)..I guess it was too fast or something, I took out one stick and it started working fine...I tried both sticks by themselves and they both work, just not at the same time. So I guess I am going to have to get different RAM. I looked in my mobo manual and it didnt have my ram listed as being compatible, so I guess that was the problem. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom