video card choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay1718

Beta member
i am looking at upgrading my video card, mot likely with ATI 3870, is there any difference between Radeon, Visiontek, Diamond, Sapphaire etc. are they just brands or is there something more with quality?

they are just brand and some people have better luck with one or the other... but if I may ask... what are you system specs. We might be able to help you out better if we knew what kind of system you have.

currently i have amd 3700, with a stock acer board, geforce 6800 video card, 500w psu.

i would be using the ati3870 temporarily until i build my new pc

So are you just buying this to "tide you over" until you build or are you going to use this card you buy for the new build as well...

If you plan on buying a new card, then I wouldn't suggest spending that type of money on a card you are going to sell anyway... I'd say look for a used 7900xx or 1950xx maybe even a 7600xx if your just looking for the real short term and want a little oomph to your games...

this card will tide me over, but i do plan on using it in my new pc with another using the crossfire, the 6800 will go back in when i give the old pc to my grandparents

If you are sure you will be going crossfire and not SLI (assuming you WILL use dual card setup for monster resolution) then the 3870 is top of the line from ATI right now. DO EET

Some manufacturers have higher clock speeds on their cards than others, but usually those cards will cost a bit more. HIS and Sapphire are pretty solid these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom