Video Card

Volitation

Solid State Member
Hey I'm wondering how these cards may pair up against each other?

1st,
ASUS GeForce GTX 750 GTX750-DCSL-2GD5 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.ca
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Graphics-Cards/GTX750DCSL2GD5/

2nd,
would be your typical card similar to a r9 270x

The first one doesn't require any PCI-E connectors and my power supply is kinda junk, it's 500w but it doesn't have any PCI-E connectors. It's also kinda cool that its silent and I just would like to know the difference rather than have to try and connect a new PSU cause I might end up messing it up.

And if you could tell me what it's called when a card doesn't require a PCI-E connector that would be cool. Or if you know of any descent ones maybe link em.

any help appreciated

Those 2 top cards are the same. The 270x is better than a 750 that's clocked properly and is even better than a 660.

The 750 is a passively cooled card so clocks are a little lower than a regular actively cooled 750, but all standard 750s get their power from the PCI-E slot meaning they don't require a PSU connector. This means you're only limited to 75w theoretical max power going to the card so overclocking isn't much of an option even on an actively cooled card.

What PSU do you have exactly?

Alright I was a bit tired last night when I wrote that lol, I knew the top 2 cards were the same I just wanted to show you in case you needed more info. And I did mean it doesn't have any pin connectors.

My PSU name and model number is:
Turbolink Switching Power Supply
atx-tl500w-bk

And hm ok, makes sense that it might not have quite as good performance but the silent part did sound pretty good. I'd prefer performance though.

So am still wondering a bit do you think theirs any cards on the market that could possibly be worth it without a pin connector compared to the current card I'm using:
PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1gbDDR5
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131461

I'm talking close to a r9 270x like:
PowerColor TurboDuo Radeon R9 270X DirectX 11.2 AXR9 270X 2GBD5-TDHE/OC 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.ca
Or maybe similar to the new r7 370's since I think the r9 270x's are discontinued

And my CPU is i5-3570K @3.4GHz (4 CPU)
and ram is 8gb

I mainly play WoW @ 1080p on a 24" monitor, but a game like BF4 would be nice and improvements on WoW

I'm really trying not to have to change the PSU but I mean might have to.

Last edited:
Apevia make the worst power supplies on the market. You should upgrade that before it takes out your whole computer and you have nothing. That's my 100% advice.

Lol yeah I did have a moment when I looked it up it was cheap as fk. And I bought this computer around 3 years ago I literally had no knowledge about comps.

Thanks then imma scratch my ideas of trying to find a replacement card unless I get a PSU also.

Even if you got a cheap Corsair CX500 (which isn't half bad for budget builds) it'd be 100000000X better than the Apevia.

The components used to make those insanely cheap PSUs have voltage variances that are dangerous and any kind of real load will make them pop and sizzle which will take out your whole machine. Not exaggerating. I had a 1300 dollar machine killed by a Raidmax PSU back in 03 die this way and learned my lesson that I try to preach to people each time. It's backed by experts in the industry like Jonnyguru as well who provide the knowledge and testing as to why this happens. Sadly even a lot of OEM PSUs that come in the likes of Dell, HP, ect are way better these days.

well I took your Corsair CX500 and typed it in and they were all about that price and the 600w was only $5 more so I would have went for that maybe.

Just incase can you maybe link one a bit cheaper? so I can compare. I mean I'm not too picky as long as it's still quite good for the type of GPU i'm going to get eventually and if it has good cable management. I'm using a mid tower so it would be nice if the cords can go through the back

Back
Top Bottom