Video Captureing and Harddrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplehaze1989

Beta member
OKay i have one of two questions i would like to know what card would be used to make Video Captured Videos like www.Fraps.com and i think that a capture card is only used for tV's and other things but u would have to have two PC's if i'm correct and I have looking into ATi cards and i'm not sure if they have an Encoder Program so i can capture videos off of my computer... soo what graphics card do i need to do this or what equipment do i need to make these videos from my PC

My other question is about Harddrives i would like to purchase a 160 gig harddrive but it is SATA and right now i have 2 harddrives both IDE i have one hardrive that is 100gig i would like to know if i can have a IDE a SLAVE to the new 160 gig SATA harddrive can u have a SATA and an IDE or does it have to be SATA and SATA or IDE and IDE only...??? Please respond!

you sound very confused. SATA is completely different to IDE if your not aware. you can't connect them to the same cable without an adapater. do you have SATA ports on your pc? if not the simplest solution would be to just get an IDE drive. but you could get a SATA drive and a SATA controller card. it may be possible to slave an IDE drive to a SATA drive using a SATA to IDE adapter but i can't guarantee it.

exactly what kind of videos are you trying to capture? gameplay? or video tutorials or something else?

Umm Gameplay of BF2 F.E.A.R. like high end games and i might just go ahead and buy 2 SATA drives and sell the 2 IDE drives i have now and plus my motherboard is SATA it has Sata slots i jsut gotta figure out how to hook them up but thank you for that information but please help me with my Video Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom