Vid card for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends.

Does he actually game? Or does he want something to brag about?

If he just uses IE and Photoshop, then what he has is fine. If he actually plays games, get at least 256MB video card.

ummm... yea. First off, dont get a pci card. Just dont. And, secondly, a video card alone will not make that thing run games. If his mobo is that...slow, then i cant imagine what his cpu speed is. Get on his computer and open internet explorer(not firefox) and go to google, type in windows game advisor. open the first result. Click start, then click the my game advisor tab at the top. Hit the scan or start or whatever button starts it. Let it install everything, and it will tell you about his cpu, ram, suond card, ect... and post what you get.

I don't have access to his computer, but he has some 1.6GHz Intel processor. I suggested a new computer to him, but he really doesn't want to do that.

oh boy, that CPU sounds horrible. but if it is neccessary, you could get like a 6600 gt agp for around 100 bucks.

talldude123 said:
If he actually plays games, get at least 256MB video card.

Dude you have to stop saying that!!! "get at least 256MB video card." Just cause a card has 256mb don't mean it's better,With most card's now you won't find that much of a difference if any between 128mb and 256mb,Most newer card's can't even use the whole amount of ram anyway's except for real HEAVY DUTY game's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom