vid card compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal

In Runtime
hi,
its been ages since ive been keeping myself up-to-date with computer stuff thus ive forgot a lot of details:cool:

Simple question,is the 6600GT by Evga (agp of course)would be fully compatible with the hardware below?

I heard nVidia drivers had some compatibility problems with some pieces of hardware .

thx

Yes you will have problems installing a 6600gt if you have a crappy ati card hogging up the agp slot. :D ;)

Seriously your two main worries are your motherboard and powersupply. In other words it needs the correct slot and the correct voltage.

As to the drivers comment: those kinds of comments are made by fanboys on both sides of the fence to scare people into using thier favorite brand. The odds that you will have a problem is small with either brand.

In other words it needs the correct slot and the correct voltage.

I didn't find the specs for the SE, but the P4P800 has an AGP8X (1.5V only).

:/ Motherboard is 1.5v, Psu is 12v.I couldnt see the voltage of the Card(if thats what i had to look for) anywhere.Is the voltage correct? *crossing finger* lol
I already know that the psu is correct,but if the eVga isnt,is there any other 6600gt brand that would fit? I dont feel like paying for a new board:confused:

It looks like evga's 6600gt agp version gets any additional power it needs from a 4-pin Molex hard drive power dongle. (What you have plugged into your hard drive and cd or dvd-rom drive)

In my opinion you shouldn't have any problems installing a 6600gt on your system, and if you do you should be able to return the card with a minimum of fuss.

thx guys:D its like i cant wait anymore,my ATI has been flashing for months,cant support the tear drop effect anymore its giving me headaches.6600gt HAS to fit in this system!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom