vid card for agp 4x/8x near 160$

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckey

In Runtime
Looking for a vid card that will work with my agp slot. the mobo is only 4x but im got a new mobo which is 8x and need to stay with agp.

i use new egg to purchase and i have some questions as well. when they list vid cards many of them will not show memory clock and core clock. why is this? what are the things to look for in a vid card?

heres the ones im thinking about getting.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150106

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133137

please help me make this choice.

AGP is going to be phased out. The process has already begin. I recommend buying a PCI-E motherboard along with a PCI-E card. I would not buy XFX or PNY. Go with EVGA, MSI, or GIGABYTE.

grrr. im always on the late end of this phasing out stuff.

ill get a pci-e mobo then. if i get a sli mobo will i only be able to use nvidia cards?

btw was reading review of mobos and someone said there mobo came doa. what does that mean dead on arrival? if so cant they just send it back?

duckey said:
ill get a pci-e mobo then. if i get a sli mobo will i only be able to use nvidia cards?

btw was reading review of mobos and someone said there mobo came doa. what does that mean dead on arrival? if so cant they just send it back?

To SLI, Yes

DOA = Dead on Arrival - YES

Off topic: If you have a doa mobo how can you tell? I mean I bought a mobo off ebay and my step dad says I can not use it unless I have a 3ghz proccesor. I think hes bssing me and doesnt want to admit he got jyped off ebay. When we put the mobo in nothing happened. I thought it was dead and he was like uhh no its just not the right processor.

Check the specifications of the motherboard at the vendors homepage. See what it can handle and work from there. Its all about the process of elimination and if there is nothing left and your leaning toward the mobo, then I would RMA the board and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom