VGA to DVI connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Tech-Forums insane!!!

It would be worth getting, if your graphic card only had DVI outputs, and your monitor only had VGA inputs. But if that's not the case, it's not necessary, because the difference is barely noticeable.

I'm sure they're really cheap though, so it wouldn't hurt to get one, if you wanted one.

well my monitor is a dell 17' e176FP, my friend gave it to me and it only has vga but the 6600 has a DVI and a vga, so could i just use the connector so i sleep better at night or something lol, if it makes some ind of diff ill use it, but if it hurts i wont, just need to know

I do know that if you have a true DVI connection from the monitor to a video card that has native support for DVI, the quality is most noticeable. Tons clearer. HD for the most part.

well i have one, so i guess ill use it, just wanted to know what difference it would make

THANKS

well i have one, so i guess ill use it, just wanted to know what difference it would make

THANKS

Hello,

Using a DVI to VGA adapter to connect your VGA monitor to your graphics card won't make any difference in quality because the signal sent will still be analogue. Therefore, it's the same as connecting your VGA monitor to the VGA out port of your graphics card.

In your case, a DVI to VGA adapter would only be useful in allowing you to connect a secondary VGA display to your 6600GT graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom