VGA cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

baimee

Beta member
I'm not too informed about this kind of topic, but I'm looking to get a VGA cooling system for our ATI x1900 card in our first generation Mac Pro. We were looking at the Accelero x2, but unfortunately it's discontinued and we can't seem to find anywhere selling it at a reasonable price. I've also looked into the Thermalaight Hr-03, but it seems a bit more complex to install and it looks like I need to buy a fan with it as well (please correct me if I'm wrong). Other VGA coolers have been brought up but to me they all seem inferior to these two, however, as I said before, I don't really know much when it comes to hardware. My main objective is to quiet my fan because me computer is extremely loud. I was reading about the Accelero x2 and it seems to blow hot air back onto the motherboard. From the posts that I was reading there were some people complaining about this, but it seems that the general consensus that it's still a great card. Is it blowing onto the motherboard not going to be an issue? Quite some time has passed since all of these forum posts that I've read. Are there currently any better options?

I have a Thermalright tr on an 8800gt with 2 120's and man it works well.

As long as your case Airflow is decent, the blow back shouldnt be an issue. Bewared though, theses coolers are a decent size, and you'll need abunch of room to run it.

As you noticed, theyre not sold znymore, so you might be stuck with ebay, or local buy n sells

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the quick reply and the info.

I don't know if you have any experience with the accelero, but if you do (or anyone else), do you know how they compare performance-wise? Noise? Etc?

Edit: I'm not totally sure how good the air circulation is in these cases in comparison to the spectrum of PCs. Again, I just have the ol' Mac Pro case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom