VGA Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasp7

Baseband Member
Hey, I just built a new computer and I would like to upgrade my VGA cooling on my graphics card that I just got and I got Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste, but I dont know what VGA cooling fan to get. I got a XFX GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16. Model # is PVT71PUDP3 and I want to make sure to get the right cooling fan for it. I would like to get a Zalman fan that lights up blue if at all possible. And what compound do I use to get the old stock thermal paste off of the card without hurting it? I really appreciate all of your help. Thanks a lot, Nick.

You can use a card (like credit/debit), rubbing alcohol, and a lint free cloth to clean the old thermal grease.

The Zalman VF900 and Thermalright HR 03 would be good choices.

Get the Zalman VF900. It's Zalman and it light up blue, like you wanted.

Thank you all for helping me. I just wanted to make sure that it would fit with no problems. I dont know much about VGa cooling. All I know is the stock fan sounds like a tank is comming through. And on the Thermalright, does it cool well or better than the Zalman? I want something that is SILENT, but still looks good and is easy to install.

The Thermalright HS can run fanless if the CPU fan pushes some air through it. (the HS is on the top instead of the bottom - so you can see it from the case window)

It doesn't come with a fan, you must by your own 92mm.

I just want to make sure that it will be cool enough with only the heatsink one. I want it to be quiet, but the main priority is cool.

From what I heard about the Zalman VF900, it is very quiet. The Thermalright looks pretty good. If you want that to run with just the heatsink, just make sure you have good airflow to the graphic card from your case intakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom