VGA card

what color lights should i put in my case?

• red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • blue

• green

• yellow

• white

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnati

Solid State Member
I'm currently running a P4 3Ghz with a gig and a half of PC3200 RAM.... For graphics (heavy gaming), I have an nVidia GeForce FX5900 Ultra....
It was "donated" to my college a few years ago, was put in a room filled with lots of other, mostly older, comp parts... some really nice stuff.
So when we were told to clean out the room and take anything we could use.... I got the card....
:D !!!
However, I'm having stability problems..... have for the past couple years.... I've tried nVidia's as well as the Omega drivers for the thing, but they still don't help.
ESPECIALLY durring World of Warcraft, I get wierd textures.... that is... when my PC doesn't spontaneously restart and blame the VGA drivers upon login..
Sometimes it'll take three or four restarts to get it playable. I've tried every combination of detail, resolution, refresh rate, and about every other video option there is.... doen'st help..

My question is this:
Does anyone know if this problem is fixable? I'm willing to get another card if that's what it takes.... which is actually the reason for this post.
I'm wanting to stay around $100... no more than $150...
Anyone have an idea the best for the price? What're the pros and cons of nVidia vs. ATI?

Not bad at all...
As soon as I posted this topic, I found THIS
If I can't win this one, or the 4 other auctions just like it, I'm probably gonna go with that one... looks like a great card..... both do...

JoshSB said:
nVidia v. ATI is like Intel v. AMD, just one is not really better than the other.

From what I've heard, AMD's better at gaming apps as Intel is better at multi-tasking with production apps...... from what I've heard....

Are there any similar pros\cons of the other two?

ahh, dude cmon

ATI + Nvidia are almost identical, both are for gaming, just treat them both as one company and just buy the best one for your budget, and ignore the name

BTW: this is coming from a Nvidia fanboy, i hate red :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom