Value RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
Is it reccomended to not go for value ram unless we really are short on cash? When my next paycheck gets in i will have enough to start building my dream gaming machine (well not dream but it should be very good). Im getting 2GB of RAM (i know what type im buying and everything) but i can save a fair bit by going for value ram but is it worth it?

Value RAM is worth it but right now they have rebates on the higher quality ram (DDR only) that brings it down to the same price.

If this is your (dream machine) i would suggest going with the higher quality ram, i have personally had troubles in the past with low end ram and since have stuck with brand name. For gaming i suggest Crucial Ballistix , or Kingston's HyperX as they are the fastest for gaming machines.

techtim

If it aint broke, dont fix it!!!!

value ram is fine if you won't be overclocking. if you are overclocking, go with some high end g.skill or ocz ram.

I should buy some better RAM damnit... I went with value but it doesn't overclock the greatest. Well, actually, I got it to overclock fairly well as far as value RAM goes (I got it from 200 to 225 or so?). Anyway, the problem is that now my FSB is not at 200, but at 250, which my RAM couldn't handle... point being, go the extra mile if you're overclocking... also, can anyone quickly recommend what RAM would be a good two 1 gig sticks for overclocking?

Yeah you should get performance ram, especially since you are getting a dream machine. That is because you really should OC a dream machine to get even more out of it :). 2 GB or performance ram right now should run about only 150 dollars.

infiltrator7 said:
value ram is fine if you won't be overclocking. if you are overclocking, go with some high end g.skill or ocz ram.

nailed it right on the head, if you don't plan on any oc then stick with value ram, it's the best price:performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom