value gaming?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0r

Baseband Member
well this is my first post, looks like theres some good advice to be grappled at on these forums.....heres the story.

got £300 for b day, job and next birthday = £450

buying great gaming pc for £750, prob bout $1100 or summat.

i am using family pc downstairs, i want my own gamer upstairs, i have a bt voyager 105 adsl (CRAP!) and need broadband on both. i.e. wireless

heres what i thought.

Cpu = amd athlon dual core 2x 3800 = £205
Motherboard ATX,pci-e,4gb ram = £50
Ram = 2gb = £110
Graphics Card = x1600 pro 512mb = £105
Floppy Disc = 1.44mb = £7
DVD +/- Rw = £26
Hard Drive = 160gb = £50
Case = XION solaris Green Led = £31
PSU = 600W ebuyer extra value = £18
Mouse = raptor gaming = £15
Keyboard = Logitech delux = £7
Speakers = logitech s200 = £17
CRT = dell m783c = £46
Misc. = desk + wireless router + wireless adapter = £70

thats an ish price up

need help chosing motherboard, and advice as to if i should spend more than £50 on it as i think it deserves more with the stuff put into it. i already have my headset and mic, i also need advice on the wireless issue, router and adpter recommendations. and help /links would be usefull.

p.s. im 16 so dont moan if im asking too much and also do i need some paste or summat to attatch cpu and stop it overheating, oh yea on that note ill just get some case fans for cooling, although i think that case has 2 already, that shud be enuf, also im not too boffed about overclocking just yet.

I think the MSI K8N Neo-4 is in your budget for a mother board. Change cpu to a 3200/3500+, and teh gfx to a 7600gt.

are those really the prices in uk or are u just converting american dollars to pounds, cause if u are, ur way off. the prices in uk=the price in america, number wise not the value of the curreny, lets say somethign in america is $200=200 pounds, not everytime, but with new technology and stuff.

okay thanx guys, yea im from england and i cant be bothered converting but the pounds do not equal dollars =) divide the prices by bout 0.6 to get dollars. i take onboard you advice when making my final decision on parts.

any more advice on routers and usb/pci adapters?

nitestick was right, do NOT buy that psu i had it it lasts 1 month and as for routers and adapters i say just go down to best buy or circut city or whatever you have over there and grab a cheap one, unless you plan on using a lot of bandwidth it shouldent matter much, i dont use anything too expensive myself, but someone correct me if im wrong plz because i dont know too much about networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom