VAIO LT 38E & Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyRad

Beta member
Hey Folks!

First post here!

I just got this all-in-one desktop and with the exception of no output connections, I really love this computer.

I have a HD LCD that I would very much like to extend my desktop to to watch HD movies on a larger screen.

I have researched video cards and wanted to see if the GeForce 9800 GX@ was compatible with my desktop. Of course, Sony support has offered no help at all. I've chatted with 4 different people and while they each shared different scenarios with me about adding an additional video card to the system, they all say they cannot offer third party advise. Basically, they can't say whether or not this is compatible with my system beyond saying they do not recommend adding or replacing the video card.

Any help from this community would be greatly appreciated. Am ready to offer up additional info as well if needed.

thanks much in advance folks!
peace

The 9800GX2 requires these things:

a PCI-e x16 or higher Slot
a good brand 450w PSU

Knowing most companies that make PC's, they usually put a crappy PSU in there, that could create some issues

no because its an all in one, and there isn't a place to put a high profile card such as the gx2 in it. so you're stuck with what you've got.

i googled VAIO LT 38E and this was the first thing that came up. lol

thanks for the fast replies guys!

This really sux! It's got all these great features and no output connections. I had to buy this USB external card thingy just to extend my desktop.

Any suggestions on a good external video card to extend or mirror the desktop to play on a 42 inch sony LCD? Right now have the only one I could find for 1680x1050 but it's USB.

thanks much folks!
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom