Utterly Confused ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be in the I/O ports section.

You'll be fine. All PCI-E x16 cards have to be the same width from the port to the back of the case.

I'm not worried about it fitting; there's no opening on that side of the case. I'm confused as how to I'll reach all the outputs.

Another consideration you need to make, is that your Compaq case might not be big enough to fit the new card into, they do not give you much to work with when it comes to oem cases. The gigabyte GTX 260 card your looking at takes up two spaces which that looks o.k. but the length is 10.9" long so you might want to measure inside the case before you order it. You'll also need a 2x6 pin power connector. Any newer psu should have one

Will do. I'll measure it. Thanks.

I'm not worried about it fitting; there's no opening on that side of the case. I'm confused as how to I'll reach all the outputs.

On the back side of your pc, there's a plate that held in place with a screw, take the screw out, remove the plate to access the covers and remove the cover in front of where you going to place the video card

OH! Wow, I feel stupid. Well, this forum has solved every problem I brought up. Probably the best feedback I've gotten in a while. Thanks everyone, a lot, I really appreciate it ^^.

Another problem everyone :D. I'm lookin and I see that a GTX 260 requires 2 PCIE power supply connectors. How do I know if I have 2 PCI-E PSU connectors? Can you guys tell from the photos or do I have to open up my case again to check?

ALSO: I checked in on my BIO's. I can see but can't select the option for onboard video memory, but I can select Primary Video Graphics (or something along those lines.) It's currently on PCI, but I can change it to PCI, Onboard, and PCI-E. Should I just change it to PCI-E or ..?

With your current PSU I seriously doubt you have two PCI-E connectors. you may or may not have one. The connectors will be 6-pin or 6+2 pin:

pcie-connectors.jpg

Yes, setting it to PCI-E should be the right setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom