Using memory with different timings/voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.
win xp sp3 32bit vs win xp 64bit. So 32bit vs 64bit. Vista is much improved with sp1. Don't believe the hype.

Thanks for the advice. One more set of questions about drivers. Gonna list what I have for hardware real quick. Does anyone know of any issues with 64 bit drivers for:

evga 8800 gtx video card
evga 680i mobo
seagate sata 750gb
liteon dvdrw (sata interface)
audigy 2 zs
g15 keyboard
samsung 225bw LCD

Nothing out of the ordinary, not using a raid array or anything. It looked like EVGA had the 64bit drivers covered. Seagate claims you don't need to download any specific drivers. Thanks again.

soundcard is good to go and if the eva stuff is ok the rest should be no problem just drives and peripheries.

Oh, back to my original question real quick :X It seems like it would be smarter to get memory rated at 2.1V to go with the sticks I currently have but what would happen if I got some 1.9V memory and ran it with the 2.1V sticks I currently have?

I ask because the last time I dropped the voltage on my current memory (don't ask why) the system hung and crashed so I don't think they will stably run below 2.1V. Would 1.9V memory melt running at 2.1V?

I think I will be getting something like
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
instead anyways. Same timings and voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom