Using a Deskpro 4000 to play Starcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddington

Solid State Member
My high-school is selling old computers for $1 so I picked one up so I can tinker with it without destroying my normal computer. I am completely new to computer hardware and I just wanted to know if I'd even be able to find hardware compatible with the Compaq Deskpro 4000. I'm trying to learn how to build/upgrade computers and this would be perfect to start with if I can get compatible parts.

OK i couldnt find any godd technical info but i can tell you that i should have a combination of PCI & ISA slots, PCI slots are white & ISA slots are longer & black.
PCI slots are the newer interface & you can pick up networking cards, old video cards etc for them.
ISA is an OLD interface for upgreadbilty & im not 100% sure you'll pick one up from anywhere.

yeah, you could probabbly find hardware for it. mostly it will be second hand stuff, but assuming it has PCI you might be able to get an alright video card and maybe a network card
although given that they're being sold for $1, I'd say a new PCI video card will be heavily botthelecked by the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom