USB port broke mp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
My friend just finished building his first computer and I went over to check it out. I wanted to charge my mp3 player and since it charged by USB, I wanted to plug it into his new computer...so I did. After a few minutes, I went to check it and it was burning hot. I took it off immediately and tried to cool it down but it was just really really hot. It didn't turn on after that. It's a Zen Micro by the way. Being his first built computer I opened it up and found out that he connected USB 2.0 wires for the front into USB 1.1 pins in the mobo. Is my mp3 broken?

Sorry to say but yep... There is one options you can try... I did this with my wife's Rio Carbon... I plugged her's in and got the same thing, but I pulled it off the USB slot right away... try hitting the master reset. If it wasn't fried, it might come back to life... but from the sounds if it... it's gone

Re:

Hello,

Maybe it only damaged the battery on your Zen Micro...perhaps it's fixable...:confused: .

I don't think hooking up the leads wrong on the header would do anything to your mp3 player. It just happened to be time for the battery to mess up.

So a new battery could help? I just don't wanna spend money and find out a new battery doesn't fix it.

If the leads are backwards it could possibly short out items that are inserted. I did to my wife's MP3 and come to find out I did have them backwards in my maghine as well... it was the ground. Once I reset here player and flipped the leads... it worked just fine. BUT that was just my case... it might not be yours... It could be the battery... but then, how old is the player?? Those bateries are good for something like 5 years or something like that... meant to last a while...

Yea but when I disconnected the mp3 player it was burning hot, especially the battery. But then I don't what the damage exactly is to the player, the battery for sure is fried or something because it won't turn on. I don't know how old it is, it was a present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom