US$500 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron09658

Baseband Member
I have a EVGA 8800GTX and I already have some fast ram 2GB ( though they emit sounds ) Carsair Pro 6400 I think and I have a 6600 duo processor left over from a system I built a year ago. I also have a case that has plenty of room but its kinda flimsy and on top of that I have a 22 Viewsonic flat panel that is in good shape. So I need a good motherboard ( but I want a cheap one like below 100 bucks and simpliest design, i like micro atx the best ).
Does anyone here have any expirence with the shuttle barebone pc's? like this one: And can It handle like 2 Harddrives and 1 GTX card?

Newegg.com - Shuttle SP35P2-Pro Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel Core 2 Quad / Core 2 Duo Intel P35 4 x 240Pin none prima small form factor fingerprint recognition wireless black XPC Barebone - Retail

Or should I sell the items I already have and start from scratch?
I'll get some links up later of a list I came up and tell me if there aight! k thanks!

8800gtx is a good Video Card, still is.. but the problem is that it dispenses so much heat, that a Shuttle Case doesn't have any airflow, and can make it run a lot hotter than it already does, same with an overclocked Quad-Core if you decide to go that route

Heres what I have come up with ( is TigerDirect as good as Newegg? )

Case: Newegg.com - Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BNS Black SECC Gaming Cube Computer Case - Retail - $79.99
Motherboard: Newegg.com - EVGA 112-CK-NF72-K1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce e-7050/610i Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail -$109.99 ( $10 rebate )
Powersupply: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail - $64.99

Total $ 254.97 + 23.58 tax + 19.27 shipping = 297.82

I also need an operating system so which one should i get for multimedia perferences? Vista or XP?

Personally, I prefer Newegg over any other site. I haven't ever seen anything I was looking for to be cheaper at Tiger Direct.... Also, i visited their warehouse in Aurora, IL with a friend once, and was LESS than impressed.... it was a sad sad little store..... no selection, and crazy prices (although, I ded get 2 spindles of 100 DVD-R's for dirt cheap, but that was the only item worthy of purchase at the time.... lol)....

Anyways, if you are still thinking of the Shuttle SFF PC, here is a good site for you to check out... SFF Tech - Small Form Factor There is a link on that homepage to their forums as well, MUCH about SFF PC's there.

I had an Shuttle SN25P as my gaming rig for about 2 years, but I blew the CPU (I think it was the CPU, still working on that) in an over-clock attempt gone very wrong.... user error, lol. They are sturdy little machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom