Urgent Help , with Internet Cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I know this is my first post , but I really need urgent help, suggestions, recommendations and comments. I'm planning on opening an internet gaming cafe, which will have about 40-60 pcs.

The common games which are going to be played are

1. World of Warcraft
2. Dota
3. Heroes of Newerth
4. league of Legends
5. Aion
6. Rift Planes of Telera
7. Steam ( all fps games )
8. Call of Duty
9. Mayb some Crysis etc high Gfx required games.

The problem with an internet cafe is that, if the customer's pc Freezes or crashes or blue-screen or slows down for god knows what reason , its like finding an insect/hair in your dish at a restaurant , I am trying to be metaphorical here but its unfortunately true!

Other technical problems are Monitors and Keeping the Pc's very cool!
Monitors: many complain about widescreens for FPS games especailly counterstrike and they prefer 19 inch screens.
Others prefer 22-24 inch screens for MMO games and wide screens which makes me go crazy on what to get that sets the norm etc.. There are many brands out there
Benq, Dell , Samsung , LG, Asus but which is the best at a good price and for gaming with a fast response rate! Help Here!

I am looking in the lines of these specifications

Gigabyte X58A-UDR3 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-960 3.20GHz Processor
Gigabyte GTX580 1.5GB DDR5
Kingmax 2GB 1600MHz DDR3
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
SEE OPTIONS BELOW:
Cooler Master Silent PRO M 1000 Watts
Mx500
G15
plantronics

However , for the Graphic Card and the Processor im trying to reduce them but not sure if that will affect the quality of the cafe!

I got recommended to switch to the gtx460 or 480 by gigabyte and the processor to a i7-860(?) - Help here!

Now the thing that kinda ruined all my "knowledge in Pc's" is this
Sandybridge Technology that everyone is recommending me to get and i have this strange feeling that these are the best out there for these reasons:

1. Cheaper
2. Uses less energy ( less cost on the cafe)
3. higher performance
4. Intel is focusing alot on them recently
5. No other cafes are using them which can give me an edge(?)

however i have no idea about them and i would love some recommendations suggestions about the sandybridge!

Expected outcome:

1. Monitors
2. Other specifcations for CPU
3. Cooling (fans etc..) and Cases
4. Sandybridge information and your suggestion!

I am very sorry for this long post , and I really really would appreciate any help from you guys/girls /respect to everyone!

My budget atm for the pc's are 100,000$-120,000$ hope i can reduce this price with your help and knowledge.

Thanks all in advance , much <3 !

$100,000 eh?

60 Computers?

Thats $1600 per machine.

What design life you looking at? Because that will determine how close to the cutting edge we have to go. Obviously, closer to the cutting edge gives you a longer life, but it increases cost.

Sandybridge processors are seriously good. However, part of their awesomeness comes from their OC ability. OC'ing the computers decreases lifespan, are you planning to OC these computers?

I'd go for 6-8GB of RAM. I'm assuming you would be running Windows7? 1GB will be used for the OS. If you've only got 2GB in TOTAL, then thats only 1GB leftover for everything else. 6 to 8GB will leave you a good bit of overhead.

I'd suggest the i7-2600. Its cheaper and if you aren't Overclocking (like I'm thinking you won't be), i believe you can "turbo-boost" it or something. Just gives it a lil' boost.

You should go for a mobo you can SLI on. That way you can boost the graphics of the comps.

In so far as monitors, brands don't really matter... Not really much to separate them. They are all pretty much the same. Theres a new kind of monitor out, IPS? or something? Anyway, apparently shows games really, really well. Might be worth looking into. SLI GPUs with an IPS monitor on a DirectX11 game would be awesome :D Certainly an advantage over other internet cafes.

PSU is probably a bit over the top. 750 would probably be all that you need. Slightly cheaper and a good range of super reliable PSUs.

Hope that helps!

As long as you build the computers all identical you can create a master image and then re-image a machine that develops a problem. This would allow you to tweak each game to work with widescreens (for those that will) as widescreen is basically where monitors are and will continue to go. The image would have to be updated whenever a game updates, though.

With that many susyems you are going to have some serious heat buildup overall. I have no idea as to how best to control that.

Sandy Bridge is definitely the way to go for top performance. The 2500 or 2500K would be plenty for what you want, though.

A word of advice... a single GPU will use less power and generate less heat. Go with a card that has a good warranty (for Nvidia most EVGA have lifetime, so does Sparkle; for AMD/ATI look into XFX).

As for RAM, go with the highest native speed of the motherboard you decide on. Sandy Bridge uses dual channel so you will be good with 2x2GB in each one.

750W is a safe number. Go with Corsair (not the Builder series), Antec, PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic, FSP Group).

Some things you can cut costs on, you don't need the worlds most beautiful case, as long as it has plenty of room, and proper air flow. You may want to consider restricting online access for games unless the cdkey is tied to an account and not the game install it self. Consider installing software such as DeepFreeze to prevent un-authorized software from running if someone was using a hack the day before in those games, as it can cost someone the purchase of a key. Also consider bi-monthly image updates, or, if you need to, instead of doing a master image, have all machines update with deepfreeze turned off, then create a new image for the machines.

Your biggest issue will be users bashing on keyboards/mice/monitors. So make sure you have insurance, or a keyboard and mouse atleast that can handle some abuse. Your next biggest issue will be heat, you may have to invest in a higher end AC unit, though, in the winter you may not have much of an issue with bills thanks to that heat output.

I think a 20 inch widescreen would suffice most people that are going to a cafe, they can't be uber picky, it is a cafe after all. If they want something specific they can go home and order it them self.

BTW, stay away from SLI, a lot of games have issues with it, and it's just not worth the cost in a cafe.

I have been to a couple of gaming cafes and I will tell you the main thing I look for when I go there, variety of games, clean working headsets and mouses and keyboards. Here is where you can skimp out at CASES, I dont give two ****s about what the case looks like lol. But please dont skip out on a monitor, a video card, and if you can try to get some nice mouses for the pcs, with some griping on them, thats a very big turn on for FPS :) Good thinking corrosive, didnt think about the whole key issue. I remember at the gaming cafe that I went to, all their games was on steam and was tied to just one account, to prevent stealing of keys and etc. Also just a little thing promtion idea I suggest you do tournaments there as well, gamers love that stuff, I would be willing to pay 100 buxs to enter a tournament of Bad Company 2

Thanks all for your contributions.

Sandy Bridge is definitely the way to go for top performance. The 2500 or 2500K would be plenty for what you want, though

I want more information on how stable and why is it better because I heard rumours that its unstable and faulty and that Intel re-pulled 1000's of pieces back etc.

750W is a safe number. Go with Corsair (not the Builder series), Antec, PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic, FSP Group).
Yeah I think I am going to stick with 750 :)

As for RAM, go with the highest native speed of the motherboard you decide on. Sandy Bridge uses dual channel so you will be good with 2x2GB in each one.

So I need , 4x2GB for the Sandy?

Some things you can cut costs on, you don't need the worlds most beautiful case, as long as it has plenty of room, and proper air flow.

Yes Definitely not the looks , I just want them to be Freezing cold! Any advise on a nice Cheap case that really is worth it? link a picture if possible.

I have been to a couple of gaming cafes and I will tell you the main thing I look for when I go there, variety of games, clean working headsets and mouses and keyboards

Like mentioned , Plantronics gaming edition headsets or Razor ( very costly though maybe just in the VIP area -.-)
mx500+ Mouse and g15 keyboards doubt you can go wrong with these!

BTW, stay away from SLI, a lot of games have issues with it, and it's just not worth the cost in a cafe.

Noted :) !

thanks everyone , but still need help with my specifications a clear list if anyone can help out like

1. Mobo
2. Gfx
3. Processor
4. Rams
5. HD

just list those 5 with different types like sandybridge with its components
AMD and Co
Intel and Co
Radeon Nvidia just a mix and match of the best

So in a nutshell whats the best mix and match at a budget of 1500-1600$ etc.

And is the price tag i have for each PC 1600~ alot or cheap or ?

thanks everyone and sorry for the late response!

Monitors: many complain about widescreens for FPS games especailly counterstrike and they prefer 19 inch screens.
Others prefer 22-24 inch screens for MMO games and wide screens which makes me go crazy on what to get that sets the norm etc

just turn off scaling.
the image will have black bars on the side when you don't want widescreen.
full picture when you do want widescreen.
greyedout.png

I would look into leasing the computers.

i think this would be the best route. you dont have to worry about unloading a dozen old computers in a few years, and if something breaks, they fix it. im not sure about the tax advantages, but it could be better on a lease...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom